Subject: Setting up monitor
From: [email-masked] (Andy Stevens)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 22:26:24 -0500

You'll have to aqwuire a correct set of color bars that you can have at your
disposal in order to configure you monitor correctly.  There's a wealth of
information on this and other related materials on the web at:

http://godzilla.inre.asu.edu/~guy/Video1.html

Also I would like to extend an invitation to anyone wishing to check out my
home page at

http://www.skagit.net/um

Hope this helps,
Andy Stevens.

>Ok, I have a question here and forgive me if it sounds like a silly one. I am
>putting some stuff together for my demo reel and everything looks ok on my
>machine, however I noticed on other peoples machine it came out lookin like
>crap! ..Ok, brightness problem here (hehehe;)) I realized I was workin with the
>brightness turned real low on my monitor so this lead to really bad pictures
>on others. Which brings me to my question, how can I guard myself against
>this when I'm putting my stuff to tape. Should I adjust the Gamma correction
>or something?
>How can I set my monitor (Brightness and Contrast wise) so that what I see
>is what everyone else sees?
>
>I know that this sounds like I'm a dodo and this is the most basic of all
>questions but I just had to ask.
>
>--Scott
>
>
>
Ulti-Media Productions 
P.O. Box 444                         [email-masked]
Anacortes, WA 98221
1-360-293-7044  1-360-299-2524 or Fax 1-360-299-2525